General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) Course
The GMCS Course aims to equip the entrants of the profession with some essential skills, such as-
- General Management and Business Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Group Discussion Skills
- Client Interaction Skills
- Legal document Preparation Skills
- To enable the participants to become more confident and capable of using the knowledge gained while doing the Chartered Accountancy Course
- To increase the level of awareness of Management theory and Practice with the ultimate aim of self development
The Course would, inter alia, aim at developing the habit of reading with the enhanced capacity of comprehension.
- A student who has passed Intermediate / Professional Education (Examination – II) and is serving last 12 months of practical training is eligible to undergo the course.
- A student who has passed Professional Competence Course / Integrated Professional Competence Course and is serving last 12 months of practical training is eligible to undergo the course.
- A student who completes Three Months’ Residential Programme in General Management, Personality Development and Communication Skills / Six Weeks Residential Professional Skills Development organized by the Board of Studies will not be required to undergo GMCS Course.
The duration of the course is 15 days full time. Classes may be held 6 hours each day for 6 days a week (15 X 6 = 90 hours). The suggested timings are-
- 10.00 A.M. – 01.15 P.M. with a break
- 02.00 P.M. – 05.15 P.M. with a break
Multiple methods including lectures, case studies, presentations, group discussions, management games, projects, mock interviews etc. will be used.
- To enable intensive training, batch size is restricted to 50 students.
- The student will be required to complete the course without discontinuity, to be eligible to receive the certificate.
The fees is Rs.4500/- per student on non-residential basis inclusive of course and study materials. The fee should be paid through DD drawn on
“Bangalore Branch of SIRC of ICAI” payable at Bangalore.
Faculty: Faculty are drawn from experienced and well known members of the profession, management consultants/trainers and members of the academic community from Universities/Management Institutions etc.