CA. Raveendra S. Kore
My Dear Professional Colleagues,
At this juncture of my Professional journey, I find it extremely gratified and blessed to take over as the 51st Chairman of the Bengaluru Branch of SIRC of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. It is a privilege and honor to serve the ICAI’s biggest and the most vibrant Branch in India having more than 13,500 Members and 35,000 Students.
I am thankful to all of you for being elected to take charge and lead the profession’s pursuit of excellence, independence and integrity.
I enter into my fifth year at the Managing Committee of Bengaluru Branch of ICAI, where I have previously served for the cause of profession in various capacities – as the SICASA Chairman, the Treasurer, the Secretary, the Vice Chairman, and now as the Chairman. Before getting elected to Managing Committee of Bengaluru Branch of SIRC of ICAI, I have served the Karnataka State Chartered Accountants Association (KSCAA) in various positions from Executive Committee Member in 2009 to Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-President and President of the State Association during the year 2014-15. This stint helped me in understanding the challenges faced by the professionals, while giving me immense confidence and to take the responsible position as Chairman of the Biggest Branch of ICAI. It’s my culture to thank you from the bottom of my heart for progressively reposing trust, confidence and faith in me.
Over the past 58 years, my predecessors have done great job in building the branch to this height. I shall put my best efforts in maintaining the activities with same standards and work towards the development of the branch and the profession. I will strive my level best, using all the energy at my command to serve the Branch, the profession, the large student community and other stakeholders to take the largest branch to the highest level.
The Office Bearers for the term 2020-21 comprise of
Chairman – CA. Raveendra S. Kore
Vice Chairman – CA. B. T. Shetty
Secretary – CA. Srinivasa T
Treasurer – CA. Divya S
CA. Panindra Gupta P.R been nominated as the SICASA Chairman of Branch.
I am happy to inform you that Bengaluru Branch has secured Best Branch Award (2019-20) in Southern India Mega Branch category and Second Best Branch SICASA (2019-20). I congratulate CA. Bhat Shivaram Shankar, the Immediate Past Chairman and CA. Divya S, the Immediate Past Chairperson-SICASA for their hard work, dedication and commitment to achieve this grand success.
Initiatives and Activities Planned for the Year :
1. Decentralised CPE Sessions : In order to get updated for the cause of profession and considering the Bengaluru traffic issues we have planned to conduct CPE programs in various places across Bengaluru to save the energy and travel time of the members. So it can fulfil the objective of Jnana Dasoha-Pathway to Core Competence that members can get more opportunities to attend the programme without any hurdles.
2. Members Lounge: It’s been a frequent request from the Senior Members to have a lounge at our Bengaluru Branch at-least to relax for a couple of minutes before the start of the programs, planning to establish the Members Lounge.
3. SSP – Help Desk : Planning to open the SSP Help Desk to address the issues / queries of Members and Students.
4. Planned to conduct Industry Specific Seminars & more number of RRC programs.
5. Career Counselling: Planning to conduct the minimum 100 Career Counselling programmes at various colleges to cover the 25,000 Students which will help to increase the base of article students.
6. ICAI Brand Image Building & Public Relation Activities: As part of ICAI Brand Image Building activities we have planned to conduct free skilled Training Programs for the Students of Government Colleges to enhance their employable capacity. And also planned to have various Public Relation Activities for the increase of the brand image of the Chartered Accountants Profession.
7. Planning to Increase the Students Coaching and Reading Room facilities.
8. Awards: Planning to recognise the Professional Excellence of our members.
9. Planning to conduct Month wise Health, Sports & Talent Activities for the Members throughout the year to make them relaxed from the work stress.
The month that was : February 2020
Analysis of Union Budget 2020 and Clause by Clause Discussion on Direct Taxes was organized on 3rd & 15th February 2020. A host of members benefitted from the above programs.
I am glad to witness the inauguration of the opening program on Monday, 17th February 2020 on Practical Issues of Accounting & Taxation by our Senior Guru, CA. K. Gururaj Acharya with his opening session on Practical issues in Income Tax & Corporate Tax and I thank CA. Mohan R Lavi for accepting our last minute invite to have a session on Practical issues in Accounting & IND AS. 187 members appreciated and benefitted from the same.
In order to understand on the key considerations of GST Audit focus areas and Annual Return filings to carry out effectively within the stipulated time schedule, Two Day Conference on GST New Returns & Key considerations for 2018-19, GST Audit and Annual Returns was organized on 28th & 29th February 2020 at Devaraj Urs Bhawan between 9.30 am & 6.00 pm. I thank all the expert & eminent Speakers for sharing their knowledge in the above said Conference. 567 Members got benefitted through the same.
We have planned the following major programs during the month of March 2020 :
1. In order to facilitate the members in discharging their professional duties in a better and effective manner and to enable them to understand or resolve the issues & challenges being faced in the implementation & execution “The Direct Tax - Vivad Se Vishwas Bill, 2020” is being organized by Bengaluru Branch on Tuesday, 3rd March 2020 at Branch Premises between 6.00 pm & 8.00 pm. Please register at www.bangaloreicai.org.
2. The First Industry wise - One Day Seminar on Real Estate – Practical aspects of GST Applicability is being organized on Saturday, 14th March 2020 at Branch Premises. The details of programme are mentioned elsewhere in this newsletter. We request Members to register online and get benefitted.
3. As an annual feature programme of the Branch, One Day Seminar on Bank Branch Audit is being organized on Saturday, 21st March 2020 at Hotel Radisson Blu Atria, # 1 Palace Road, Bengaluru between 8.45 am to 5.45 pm. Our Beloved Past President of ICAI, CA T N Manoharan is inaugurating the Seminar. The details of this Seminar are mentioned elsewhere in this newsletter. Online registrations are opened and we request Members to register at www.bangaloreicai.org.
4. 1st Decentralised CPE Sessions (Vijayanagar, West Bengaluru): Planning to conduct Decentralised CPE Sessions across Bengaluru to fulfil the objectives of the JNANA DASOHA - Pathway to Core competence, Hence, 1st Decentralized CPE Session 2020 on Recent Changes in Budget 2020 relating to Charitable or Religious Trust or Institutions (includes recent controversies) is being organized at Vijayanagar on 23rd March 2020 between 4.00 pm to 8.00pm. Please visit www.bangaloreicai.org to register.
On behalf of Bengaluru
Branch of SIRC of ICAI, I congratulate and welcome our versatile leaders at the
helm, our President,
CA. Atul Kumar Gupta and the Vice President, CA. Nihar Niranjan Jambusaria, the New Torch Bearers of ICAI for the year 2020-21. Let me congratulate the new Chairman, SIRC CA. Dungar Chand U Jain and his entire new team of SIRC of ICAI. I would like to congratulate CA. Geetha A.B, who has taken charge as a Treasurer and CA. Pampanna B.E, Chairman-SICASA of SIRC of ICAI.
CABF Life Membership : I humbly request Members to enrol life member of the Chartered Accountant Benevolent Fund (CABF) to provide financial assistance for maintenance, education or any other similar purpose. Please click https://resource.cdn.icai.org/18069life_Membership_form_CABF.pdf.
Before concluding my first message…
I am confident that the term 2020-21, with all your support and blessings would be an eventful year and solicit your valuable suggestions and co-operation as always to serve for the cause of the profession and students.
“Farmers are backbone of Nation, now its our responsibility to perform truly as Partners in Nation Building”.
Wish you all a very happy Holi & Ugadi !
In service of the Profession,
Raveendra S. Kore